NEA Task 21 (Planning) : Photography Planning

 1. Who will you be using as your models for each photograph (bear in mind that your photographs need to show representation of two distinct social groups)

My first edition of 'THE DRIVE-IN' will include a main image of actor George MacKay (my brother Louis West as the model) for the film 'James' (not a real film only a concept for the coursework).

My second edition of 'THE DRIVE-IN' will include a main image of me (Leah West) for the film 'Trapped' (not a real film only a concept for the coursework).

My second edition of 'THE DRIVE-IN' will include a main image of actor Florence Pugh (Isabelle) for the sequel of Midsommar (MIDSOMMAR 2).

2. What thought needs to be given to the following elements of mise-en-scene?

Location

'James' will be set outside, hopefully in a body of water which connotes to the serial killer plot of the film. If this is too hard to achieve it will be on grass in a field.

'Trapped' will have a plain background as it is just a close up of the model, suggesting that it is interior.

'Midsommar 2' will have a blue background, indicating the sky.

Costume

My brother will wear a white vest top that is wet on the sides and still slightly dry hopefully. It will also be splattered with fake blood. His hair will be damp from the water and there may also be some fake blood on his face.

I will have smeared makeup and a dress on.

A flower crown, limited makeup and possibly flowers on her chest on a white dress or just a white dress.

Props

Other than the blood there will be no props

Flower crown

Body language of model

My brother will have direct gaze and a serious expression to connote fear, however I would also like to see how it would look if he smiles creepily into the camera but I don't want it to look unprofessional. It may have to be more of a smirk. Also, he will be floating in the water but below the chest wont be visible.

I will be looking away from the audience and into the distance, as if somethings distracting me. There will also be hands wrapped around my head as if my mind is 'trapped' as well as my physical self.

Direct gaze with camera with a sad expression or looking into the distance.

Lighting

The lighting for 'James' will be darkish with cool tones to reflect the theme/genre of the film. This also suggests it was taken in the evening instead of broad daylight.

After research I found that the colours blue and purple reflect themes of isolation, fear and the feeling of being trapped, so I will use editing to make the photos these colours. Therefore the lighting will need to be bright when focussed on my face and hands and darker for the backgrounds.

The lighting will be warm, reflecting the viewpoints that the characters want to represent in the film even though its a dark film.

3. Who will be taking your photographs and what equipment will they use?

I will be taking all the photos using my iPhone camera as my brother and friend will need someone to photograph him, 

Proof that my brother is suitable for being in front of a camera after I photographed him the other day to possibly use for the website.


written plan for everything



Mood Board





No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed NEA

Dear Moderator,  My name is Leah West. Welcome to my A Level Media Studies blog. This is a record of the work I have undertaken for the Maki...